Syracuse Area

andyperry07

I have a friend that has a family ranch around the syracuse area. I know it is in a severe and long drought, just wondering if that area ever has decent upland hunting. Any Input woudl be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Syracuse, Leoti, Lakin, Ulysses, Sublette and Garden City were places I always hit on my way to great spots. These were pretty good years back as KansasGSP has stated. Right now, I do not have the Magic 8 ball for any of Kansas or S.E. Colorado until we see a lot of improvement in the moisture on a regular basis. Which sucks I know. Can't Sugar coat it in any way.Especially since you seem to have a good private place to shoot. I would suggest to go out and visit your buddy's family and shoot some coyotes and make friends with neighbors. Then maybe someday it will be good for birds once again. If they have any Irrigated land you may find some pockets, but dry land farming in general has been horrible at best and Pheasants like to nest in the Wheat(70%) in Western Kansas and Eastern Colorado. If there is any CRP it will be not great or Hayed. This is more then a pheasant problem and a lot of our American farmers and Ranchers are hurting. Mother Nature has always been cruel, but it is time for a break.

Yeah that is kind of what I was thinking. I have always been hunting since I was a kid, but just has now become an obsession now that I have a pointer. It seem s like a tough time to get into it haah. Oh well I will keep trying and hunting my wyoming roosters like they are bighorn sheep!!!

Back