Sunday

Deuce

Couldn't hunt yesterday, as I flew back from Dallas last night from a friends wedding. Hunted this morning, 50 yards from the truck the warden pulled up. Turned around and got that over with. More crowds at this spot than normal. Saw 3 different parties and normally I see no one. Scratched out one out of a cat tail marsh. A lot of birds on the neighboring property. They were cackling and taunting away.

How'd everyone else do this weekend?

Also, anyone else notice the roosters are pretty large? Seem bigger this year to me. Although everyone I've seen get up has its tail feathers torn off/short.

Weekend Update

Pup found his first pheasants :D

Hunted for 4 hours Saturday morning with no luck at all. Hunters everywhere. Took a 5 hour break and hunted for the last 2 hours of the evening and the pup found a hen and then about 2 minutes later he flushed a pair of roosters and I picked up one of those. We picked up our 1st 2 bird limit together :cheers:
So today I got bold and thought, let's see how he does on wild birds for the first time. He found 2 hens and a rooster that we bagged.

Totally awesome weekend with the pup finally getting to work bird scent to the end! No we are starting to have some fun.

Last edited:
Back