stupid! flocking dog!

carptom1

Man I love bird dogs. They are a big part of our family. Sleep indoors with us. Outside during the day if it isn't raining or bitterly cold. Really pretty damn spoiled. My dad used to say you would ruin them if you had them inside too much. Well I have proven him wrong as have many of us on here. My wife tolerates the dogs. She was not a dog person when I met her, so she has come a long way. Well Christmas morning I always cook a big breakfast for everyone. Well we are all talking and kerplunk, the dog decides to pull the big, unwrapped, 3lb sausage roll on the floor and start eating it. I grab it up off the floor and everyone starts yelling at the dog. He doesn't take to being yelled at very well as he cowers and gets very nervous. I have never abused a dog, but he sure acts like it when he gets scolded. So as he is slinking away, he runs over by the christmas tree, and takes a piss on the floor. Two years ago he pulled the leftover turkey off the kitchen counter. My wife tells me I have been harder on my boy's than on my dogs. Well anyway I convinced everyone that the sausage would be fine so I cooked it anyway. ( it helped when I told them every duck and or pheasant they had ever eaten had been in my dogs mouth). Hope you guy's had a good christmas.

The trouble our dogs get into is just part of the joy of keeping a good dog imo. A dog that doesn't have enough piss and vinegar in them to get into trouble every now and then is no fun.:D

The trouble our dogs get into is just part of the joy of keeping a good dog imo. A dog that doesn't have enough piss and vinegar in them to get into trouble every now and then is no fun.:D

Absolutely. It's the smart ones who challenge us and show us our training shortcomings.

I had a dog who grabbed a cooling bone in ham off my mothers counter. I bought her a potted azalea as an apology. Well, Premo took it for a swim in her pool. Best dog ever! :10sign:

I generally think that this is a spinoff of the "don't brag on your dog until on the trip home" rule! Maybe holidays should be the days that he gets some alone time:) Orrrrr, you could explain it away as the "highly intelligent" dog is helping me with my New Year's resolution to lose some weight!!!

Absolutely. It's the smart ones who challenge us and show us our training shortcomings.

I had a dog who grabbed a cooling bone in ham off my mothers counter. I bought her a potted azalea as an apology. Well, Premo took it for a swim in her pool. Best dog ever! :10sign:

When he stole the ham, did he retrieve it to hand? :cheers:

We were all packed for a summer camping trip; had to make a quick trip to the commissary for forgotten things. when we got home there was a piece of plastic on the floor. After looking for a while, we discovered the GSP ate a dozen of those really good whole wheat hamburger rolls! Se we stopped at the commissary, again, on the way out. Price for having fun with dogs!

I had a Weim who pulled the Thanksgiving turkey off the counter as it was resting and waiting to be carved. She ate quite a bit of it too.

That same dog, on a trip to my mothers for Xmas found her Xmas cookies stashed in a closet and ate them all - 15 dozen. The gaseous effects of of that much butter on a canine are unbelievable. I wanted to put the dog in her crate in the garage but my father made us keep the dog in our bedroom as punishment.

I am pretty sure the dog farted every 4 minutes and 15 seconds for the entire night with each being a little more pungent than the past. The howls from my wife and I were good fun for mom and dad and my brothers.

My Vizsla also found Mom's pumpkin pies stored out in the back hall one thanksgiving. As we were leaving for my wife's family the dog somehow managed to sneak into the closed closet and reappeared with a face full of whipped cream. My mom howled and my wife was mortified.....

Good memories!

Nothing like a good dog fart:eek:.

When I was a teenager my dad decided to make a change from english pointers and get a couple weim's. We were out in stockton kansas staying at a farmer's house that didn't want any dogs in the house. We were in a buick station wagon and only had the old metal divider to keep the dogs in the back. Well I guess the dogs missed us while we were in the house. When we came out to hunt in the morning, the dogs had gotten into our cooler and ate the bread and lunch meat. They also ate the chips and all mom's cookies she had made for us. They pooped in the car and it was smeared along with mustard all over the windows and seats. They also destroyed the head rests. To say the old man was pissed was an understatement. It was nearly noon by the time we got it cleaned up. The car smelled like dog crap the entire 3 days we were out there. I do remember us getting some birds though. :). Fun times.

A lab I had several years ago decided to help himself to a couple large bean and cheese burritos one evening that my wife had just wrapped up and left on the counter for a few moments before cooking. Those did not set well on his insides. He was young enough that I was still keeping him in a crate at night. My normal morning procedure was to wake up about 5 AM and let him out into the backyard before crating him again and leaving for work. At about 4 AM the following morning I heard him bark one time from the crate. I wondered what the bark was for but fell back to sleep. When I got up at 5 and walked down the hallway and past his crate in the dining room, I found out why he had barked. The smell was awful. The bark must have been his cry for help......."I need to poop now!!!!!!!!!" The inside of his crate and the wall behind it looked like what had came out of him came out under extreme pressure. He was standing in the crate with a look of shame. I was late to work after cleaning him, the crate, the floor and the wall.

My current WPG apparently ate a whole stick of butter a week ago including the paper. I was unaware my wife had left it on the table to soften. We didn't find any evidence of it, so she must have gulped the whole thing down. She also swiped the center portion of three slices of pecan pie that was on a serving table on Thanksgiving. I love a good pecan pie, so I trimmed off the evidence and finished off the pie the next day.

My mom has a black lab that has a sock "fetish". You don't leave a sock anywhere with him close by or it's gone. Hence my wife has said "no labs, no way, no how"

My mom has a black lab that has a sock "fetish". You don't leave a sock anywhere with him close by or it's gone. Hence my wife has said "no labs, no way, no how"

Cheaper than a dog with a taste for shoes...:thumbsup: I say it's my wife's fault for leaving her nice shoes on the floor instead of putting them in the closet, but my credit card statements indicate that it is actually my fault for having an awesome hunting dog with an occasional taste for ladies footwear.
:cheers:

I must say after I showed my wife this thread she had a good laugh and than informed me that you have an extremely smart wife. Any time she needs a new pair if shoes all she has to do is "accidentally" leave a pair of shoes out. :)

We have 3 Weims - all boys. The oldest, and most clever is Dakota. He is very stealthy when hunting and around the house. I can't tell you how many things that he has grabbed off of the counter, without us knowing about it until after all of the evidence has been devoured. :laugh: He is usually not a glutton, so it isn't always obvious that he has taken something. My wife has celiac disease and *really* cant eat gluten, so I am the only one who eats muffins. I always have a mental note of how many muffins are in the container. If the container is opened, Dakota will lift the lid, take a muffin, eat the muffin and I dont know about it until I take the next mental inventory. He was over at my mom's house one day and helped himself to some chicken breasts, they had onions on top - Dakota removed the chicken breasts, and left the onions.

He will quietly sneak into the kitchen when we go from the kitchen out into the garage. I have set him up before by opening the door to the garage and letting it close. 10 seconds later, here comes the big blue guy, and I say "what are you doing?" - he sheepishly turns around, nub wagging and goes back into the other room. Busted! :laugh:

Missing or eaten food is just our reminder to put it away. We stash it above the fridge, in the microwave and in the oven.

:cheers:

Just saw this pop up, and well... Here it goes:

Made it to a buddy's house today for a little rabbit hunting, and ended up bagging four. After cleaning two up completely and quartering them, I step outside for a cigarette. I came back into only 7 rabbit legs, not the eight I had left there. I look over at the pup and sitting in front of her is a leg bone. Not sure where the others went, but she had the "wasn't me" look all over her face.

This thread got me to thinking about an incident that happened Christmas 2013. My wife and I took my mom out to dinner on Christmas Eve. We left our old girl (12), Julia, loose in the house and put Dakota in the bedroom. My mom lives with my wife and I, downstairs in the finished basement. The dogs knew that mom kept food in a flip top container in a closet down in the basement. Knowing this, my mom always made sure that her door was closed. Since the bedroom door opened in, Dakota couldn't escape, and we knew that Julia couldn't open the basement door. The old lady knew this, and opened the door to the bedroom, letting Dakota out. Dakota was able to head butt the basement door and open it. We came home to find both Dakota and Julia, with big guts and very happy with themselves. Between the two of them, they managed to eat over 10lbs of dog food.

Dakota - December 16th 2013.
16260218222_c661646bb0_z.jpg

Dakota - December 25th 2013 *Note the fat gut ... this is the day after the big Christmas Eve feast!
16073527438_70f345c419_z.jpg

This year for Christmas we decided to change things up. So I made carnitas. I had a nice big block of lard for frying the pork. I probably used 1/5th of the lard. The next morning Ox had terrible gas, I mean terrible. Later in the day my wife spotted the empty box of lard in his kennel.

:eek:Lard farts!:eek:

And another pair of my wife's socks bites the dust tonight, courtesy of Brady.
POL

Back