Southern Wisconsin Duck season opened today

Kismet

UPH Guru
Mick and I walked the crik.

This hen popped up, fell in the standing corn, and darned if Mick didn't eventually come out with her ! I'm pleased with him.

MICKlookingawayfirstmallardwithAYA.jpg

Second half of season opened this weekend. Two days, two ducks.

Mallards are visitors. The woodies that hang around had two stay for dinner, but the rest weren't around this weekend. Mick did ... ok. Good obedience.

We'll get there. No pheasants found on Sunday, but didn't go to the State park grounds on opening weekend.

mickonwoodpilewithmallardslookingback.jpg

Great pic's Kismet,

Are you and Mike jump shooting a small Crick???? I ask because in the pics the weather is so nice.

I've been known to hunt pheasants and jump shoot duck in this manner.:thumbsup::10sign::coolpics:

Yep, JMAC, just walking the crik below the house, where it ambles through the neighbor's pasture. I "hup" Mick, walk up to the steep edge of the bank, and sometimes get lucky with either migrant mallards, or area-resident woodies.

If I hit, Mick goes in or over and retrieves. He's done pretty well, but I wouldn't want him to be called a retriever. He's getting there, though.

Upland hunter, SW Wisconsin is full of rolling hills and valleys, with creeks and streams running through. The glaciers didn't come through here, so the landscape is hilly.

We've been out twice for pheasants, nary a one as yet.

But my legs and Mick's head need the experiences.

Besides, I'm hunting, not finding. :)

I saw lots of good duck hunting areas with birds in WI and IL this weekend. Saw plenty of birds around Mazomanie and Baraboo. Beautiful country.:thumbsup:

You weren't hanging out at the nude beach were you? We used to check that place out annually when we canoed the river each summer. It is a beautiful area.

I got out for the opener north of Milwaukee.

I'd post some pictures if I knew how!

Last edited:
Yep, JMAC, just walking the crik below the house, where it ambles through the neighbor's pasture. I "hup" Mick, walk up to the steep edge of the bank, and sometimes get lucky with either migrant mallards, or area-resident woodies.

If I hit, Mick goes in or over and retrieves. He's done pretty well, but I wouldn't want him to be called a retriever. He's getting there, though.

Upland hunter, SW Wisconsin is full of rolling hills and valleys, with creeks and streams running through. The glaciers didn't come through here, so the landscape is hilly.

We've been out twice for pheasants, nary a one as yet.

But my legs and Mick's head need the experiences.

Besides, I'm hunting, not finding. :)

Nothing wrong with taking a walk with the dog.:thumbsup:

Back