Snow Geese?

Gatzby

Leaving for Yankton next week to chase snows. Are there any around? I'm guessing with today's weather they may be pushing back south!

I live 35 west of Aberdeen. I have seen some Canada geese but no snows yet. I think the weather will slow them down a little.

I spent the weekend in Chamberlain. Seen a few small flocks there. Drove home Sunday morning. Passed thru the main flyway by Salem about noonish. Didnt see a flock the whole way home. I will say, you should be close to nailing the timing. Weather looks great from mid week on. Gonna be extremely muddy...

Thanks for the info. I think we are hitting it pretty close, maybe a day or two early. The muddy sloppy mess is what keeps me from going to Missouri but it looks like we will have it in SD this year. I talked to our guide last night and plenty stayed through the snow.

As a side note they stuck 28,000 decoys staurday/sunday and another 7,000 today. That is why we don't freelance our spring hunts! To much work

John Neu. neu Outdoors

Judging by what Ive been seeing on Facebook, It looks like you nailed the timing Gatzby..

Judging by what Ive been seeing on Facebook, It looks like you nailed the timing Gatzby..

Yep we hit it good. 27 on Sunday, 52 yesterday. Juvinals are just showing late yesterday. We shot 40 of our birds after 4:00 pm
I have never seen so many mature birds. Wednesday should be huge!!

Back