Snow Day!

walk213

It was a fantastic day in Eastern, Colorado. Birds were around, but they were difficult to pursue. The snow was really deep, which made navigating to cover really challenging. We managed to whiff on a layup (shotgun slipped as I mounted it), and then we took a rooster later in the day.

Attachments

• First Hunt of 2023 Pic 1.jpg
    First Hunt of 2023 Pic 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
Looked like a fun one. Love how your dogs about pounced on the hen. Great video as always.
Matt

Looked like a fun one. Love how your dogs about pounced on the hen. Great video as always.
Matt
Thanks Matt. I screwed the first one up badly. Almost dropped my shotgun. We saw TON of birds. Late season and no legit cover. They busted way early. Finally found 1 to fly the right way.

Ross

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 12
If you think that's deep snow, come up here to Minnesota. I would consider that easy walking in snow compared the second half of December we had here.
It's been so dry in Colorado (Eastern) for the last 2.5 years. These 12 inches represented an extreme amount of precipitation. I hope that it continues through the spring. The farmers and ranchers need it.

Back