Snakes

How worried should I be about my dogs and snakes? We will be hunting north of Russell starting this Saturday. Weather looks like highs in the mid 50s. Thanks

This past weekend we killed 4 rattlesnakes in 4 days of hunting (NW Kanasas) plus another nonpoisonous snake that was getting snacked on by a hawk that was going to die regardless so it was also dispatched...

Not seen many , I'm sure theres a few around. I always worry about falling into an old well around some of those old farmsteads.

I live in the area just east of Dallas, my dog got bitten by a copperhead yesterday......the damn things are out sunning themselves, it was 65 here yesterday. He is swollen up in the neck something fierce, vet says he will be fine.

A few years ago I ran into a rattler in December in NW Kansas. It was a fall similar to the one we are having this year so I would keep an eye out for them.

We're deer hunting for 5 days (and a little bird hunting) SW of Ulysses starting tomorrow. Buddy that lives down there said a group hunting down near the state line ,but on the OK side, encountered a bunch of them this past weekend.

I have hunted KS for 40+ years and have seen a total of 3 rattle snakes. Two were in the same place in a dry creek bed in far western KS. the other was on my farm last year. Not really much of an issue.

Back