Snagged a rooster tonight!

My dad has a pretty sweet one with a pair of wood ducks. I'll try to get a picture when I can. That is a great lamp.

Not sure if it is solid brass or not...he is not magnetic. The shade almost has to be original to the lamp. This wouldn't have lasted long in the Dakotas! I ask the shop owner how long he had the lamp and he responded "not quite long enough". I had been in that shop 2 other times in the past 2 month, but looking for some specific collecting items, as I was this trip, but this managed to catch my eye and I am tickled it did. While negotiating with the fella, my wife shows me a pair of small pheasant (hen & rooster) salt & pepper shakers. Not knowing the price of the shakers, I told him if he threw those in I would pay his price. He then explained that they were from North Dakota by a "special" maker and were priced at close to the price of the lamp. I did get my offered price! I would have paid his price had he stuck to it. Getting windy here, but before we left the shop, a couple came in to sell some stuff, and she was carrying a 9-10 week old GSP, I had to check that out. She was complaining her daughter gave it to her after she just found out she was pregnant, it was just going to be too much for her to deal with. I asked if the husband of the daughter hunts, she said her boyfriend was 16 and she didn't know. No one there even knew it was a GSP, they had no clue what breed it was. I told my wife that for $50, I bet we could be taking that dog home too...she was NOT having that! Mine new one just turned 15 months, so getting many of those puppy activities behind us again.

Good story & congrats on your great find Remy;
Laughed about the puppy story - we’re going thru the same - and could see myself in your position - and my wife reacting exactly as yours!🤣

Back