Setter

Funny how someone starts a thread and you never hear another word?? :confused:

George: I have one of Chad's dogs and know you've hunted together. I'm surprised you would send someone toward one of those big running field trial types, instead of Chad's way:)

Max, that came from Chad, is my third Ryman/Hemlock type setter. The three came from different lines, had different personalities and such, but all were/are great foot shooting bird dogs.

I hope you are having a great season out there in SD. My annual trip to Iowa was awesome. We shot daily limits. One of the guys said "If Max goes through an area and doesn't find any birds, there there weren't any there to find". And I think if he went into an area and there were birds, he found them.

George: I have one of Chad's dogs and know you've hunted together. I'm surprised you would send someone toward one of those big running field trial types, instead of Chad's way:)

Max, that came from Chad, is my third Ryman/Hemlock type setter. The three came from different lines, had different personalities and such, but all were/are great foot shooting bird dogs.

I hope you are having a great season out there in SD. My annual trip to Iowa was awesome. We shot daily limits. One of the guys said "If Max goes through an area and doesn't find any birds, there there weren't any there to find". And I think if he went into an area and there were birds, he found them.

Sorry, I temporarily forgot about Chad. I wasn't trying to steer him toward any particular dog or breeder. I simply posted some setters I found on other sites. The guy has never responded to his original post so I assume he's not too interested. He never indicated what kind of setter. English, Gordon, Red?? And when he said "don't need papers" I also assume he was looking for a cheap one.

BTW, I'll be meeting up with Chad on Sunday and hunting with him for a couple days.

BTW, I'll be meeting up with Chad on Sunday and hunting with him for a couple days.

Have fun and hunt safe! After a very mild fall, it's supposed to be in the teens this weekend, which is our gun deer opener. Go figure. I was looking forward to sitting on my stand without freezing my tookus off, now I'll be layering on the clothes.

Sorry to hijack this post but thought I would ask. I am in need of a dog. Would like a setter but another pointing breed may work. I'm is SC and have had a hard time finding something. Depending where the dog is I may have to buy sight unseen. I contacted Berg Brothers and waiting on a reply from them. Anyone know someone that is reputable that might work. Any help would be appreciated. I as well don't care about whether or not it is registered just need a good solid started dog. Thanks

haven't been on site for a while. I was able to get a setter in SC from Sarrah Setters. Heard good things about his dogs.

Back