Saw my first nest of the year!

ford

Was out doing some spraying and about ran over the nest, but my cat like reflexes saved it. Had about 15 eggs or so!

Wow. They aren't wasting any time. Hopefully this is a good nest and not a "dump" nest where random hens drop an egg or two and go. 15 eggs is high. If you can, keep an eye on it and see if the number of eggs keeps growing:)

Either-way, nice job on not destroying the nest. You have a good eye Ford.:cheers:

Nick

Was out doing some spraying and about ran over the nest, but my cat like reflexes saved it. Had about 15 eggs or so!

Glad you used your super hero cat like reflex's!!:10sign:

The only time mine appear is when I step on a snake!!!!

Glad you used your super hero cat like reflex's!!:10sign:

The only time mine appear is when I step on a snake!!!!

I'm chuckling Bleu. :)
There is nothing but a blurrrrr when an old guy steps on a snake. :eek:

I have a nest with at least a dozen eggs in it 50 ft from my dog kennel. Bumped the hen off about a week ago when spraying weeds, but she is there as I check everyday. Thankfully the hens lose their scent when nesting as tha dogs have been all around it.
We had about 3in of rain anmd the wind and temps are trerrible so I hope she makes it. My creek flooded big time after 2 inches in less than an hr Sat. and if there were any hens out there, they will have to re-nest.

Back