Sanborn & Miner County Reports ?

I'm heading out in a couple weeks to SD. Put off the opener based on bird counts being down and corn harvest not in full swing. I spoke to a buddy who went and said #s are way down. They managed to fill out for 3 days but the rest of the party fell way short and just didnt see birds even a prime time movement 5ish. They had another group that hunted private ground in Mt. Vernon and only hunted 2 days and bailed because they just werent seeing the birds. He also said they didnt see many hunters out. I'm hoping the extra harvest time will get the birds out of the corn and into the grass.
I'm heading out with my dad and son, so three generations hunting together is awesome. Grandpa has a ball with his grandson and we'll have a great time even if the birds are down.
Is it really that BAD out there?

Really,,,,,. Somebody has to have been out there especially if you're staying in Mitchell. I've got my spots already, just curious if other hunters have been out in those counties.

Thanks,

Really,,,,,. Somebody has to have been out there especially if you're staying in Mitchell. I've got my spots already, just curious if other hunters have been out in those counties.

Thanks,

Just got back yesterday from the Chamberlain area. Not too bad hunting, four of us hunted public land and some road ditches. The weather was terrible for hunting and the dogs weren't much good the second day in the afternoon (77 degrees) but we still managed to shoot some birds. We've hunting around Mitchell before and were thinking about heading over there to hunt, but got talking to some guys and it sounds like birds are pretty thin around the Mitchell area. Corn was about 50% cut with quite a bit of cutting going on right now.

Back