Russell??

Oggie

Has anyone had any luck in Russell this year? Headed out this next Friday.

I was wondering the same. Headed out that way at the end of this week. Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Russell County (north of I-70)? Looking for a place that doesn't mind the dog, but also doesn't smell like the bottom of an ashtray.

Headed out this Friday, will be staying at Russell Inn. It is pet friendly.
Heres a link..http://local.yahoo.com/info-18019642-russell-s-inn-russell

Thanks for the info. Boy, the internet comments on this place are not that hot. Have you stayed at this place before?

We have decided to stay a little east of Russel this weekend. But I'm curious as to how your stay is this weekend at that motel for future referrence.

Good Luck

Just got home from the trip. Saturday walked all day seen a nice size group of wild flushers off in the distance and landed in some leased land. Ran into two or three qroups of quail that was about 20 strong. Sunday we found some crp next to some uncut milo.....boy did we hit the mother load:eek: seen more birds then I have in years. And surprisingly seen way more roosters then hens....what a weekend:10sign:

Thanks for the info. Boy, the internet comments on this place are not that hot. Have you stayed at this place before?

We have decided to stay a little east of Russel this weekend. But I'm curious as to how your stay is this weekend at that motel for future referrence.

Good Luck

Over all it wasnt bad. Room was clean and they allowed the dogs in. Couldnt ask for any more,Just needed a roof over my head until daylight.Worked out great.. Will use them agian..good luck..:thumbsup:

Just got home from the trip. Saturday walked all day seen a nice size group of wild flushers off in the distance and landed in some leased land. Sunday we found some crp next to some uncut milo.....boy did we hit the mother load:eek: seen more birds then I have in years. And surprisingly seen way more roosters then hens....what a weekend:10sign:

4 of us hunted to the east of you in Lincoln county and didn't come across the mother load, but saw just enough birds to keep us interested. We only harvested one and probably missed 4 or 5 others. Definately not red hot. Our best success was in the CRP next to Milo early in the morning or late in the afternoon. We didn't find anything in the milo during the day. Not sure if it was because of the weather conditions or hunting pressure. Who would have thought hunting in t-shirts on the 23rd of November. No wind and all sunshine on Sunday made it a very warm afternoon.

Thanks for the report on the hotel. I'll keep that one in mind in the future. I'm waiting for the snow to fall before heading out again. Looking at the forecast, may have to wait quite some time.

Back