Rocky Mountain Viszla Club Field Trial

henrybird

Well .... I went to my first field trial and brought Sioux along to watch as well. What a great event. Super fields and even better dogs. I was able to see some other pups from my friend Adam's kennel as well as see Beg Garcia run some dogs. Ben sure has a connection with Adam's dogs.

My wife and daughter had a blast. Just a great day enjoying Colorado. My daughter ran around with the kids exploring the buildings, horses and dogs. Adam along with Ben and his family went out of their way to welcoming us to our first event and taking time explaining all that was going on. Also got to do some riding (Ben has some nice horses).

Sioux enjoyed the day sleeping away and watching the big dogs go by!

Adam and me...
IMG_1564.jpg

Meg and Sioux
IMG_1551.jpg

Ben and Fritz
IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1569_2.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet pics Henry- pissed I couldn't make but Turkey hunting took precedence (Dad shot a 9.5" monster Merriams) Anyways, how did Adam's dog, Fritz do?

Fritz ran well for Ben but went birdless. It was hot, about 1:45 on Saturday afternoon and the wind died down right as the brace started. On Sunday Fritz jumped over a log with the wind at his back and a bird flushed and he didn't stop to flush so we got picked up. Ali ran like her tail was on fire and had 1 nice find but she likes to chase birds to the horizon and bring them back to me alive. She is still young and as she gets more bird exposure we will get that behavior to stop.

It was a great weekend! Even though we didn't get any ribbons both dogs had fun and so did I. Both my wife and I got ride our new horse and I am looking forward to the next trial!

There is another walking trial mothers day weekend in Burlington if you want to go Winchester! I might even let you ride my horse to watch a few braces!

Hey Ironhead

The walking trial Mother's Day will be held in Bennett. Those wirehair people don't think right...just kidding. Henry nice meeting you and your family at the field trial. Good luck with the Sioux dog. Ben does a great job. He finished our dog...field champion Light-em Up Luke. He has one of Luke's pups Jack-em Up Jake...putting the finishing touches on him. Adam's dog Fritz has a great nose...a bird finding machine. Hope to see you guys at more trials. Dave

Dave ... good meeting you too. I was very impressed how friendly everyone was and just the great vibe at the trial. My wife and daughter had a lot of fun too.

Looking forward to seeing Fritz and some of his and Dolly's pups run this weekend ... plus Sioux's dad as well.

H

hey henry

glad to hear your going to make to more trials great bunch of people ya learn something every time ya go keep those great pics coming

I will be there! It is nice to have another trial close to home (especially with it being mothers day weekend).

I don't think Henry is going to make it this weekend as he has riding lessons with his daughter.

I look forward to seeing you this weekend!

Back