Road trip

lab man

My wife and I just took a trip from Wisconsin to the Big Horns last week, we stayed in Huron the first night and we left Huron around 8:00 AM going west to Miller and North to Faulkton and then west on 212 to Wyoming. In all that time I only saw one bird. We stopped at the ranch we have hunted on since 2003, they have about 100 acres of CRP that is 2 years old, they did not cut it this year, but he said they have seen very few young birds. About the time they were hatching there was no dew in the morning, they feel that is why they lost a lot of young birds. He also has at least 100 or more acres of habitat with in 1/2 to 1 mile of the CRP that he plants for relatives, that come from Wisconsin and Minnesota every year, in the past we would see flushes of 100 or more birds on his land. He said I would have to wait until December to hunt on his land this year, so I will see what the weather is like then, he said the roads in his area do not get plowed so if they get a lot of snow it will be hard to get around.

Back