Ringtones for the Pheasant enthusiast

birdshooter

If your like me and can never get enough of the sound of a rooster cackling as he's flushing, take a look at this nifty Pheasant sounds app (android). Free to down load the app from Play store. You get 6 different Pheasant sounds to choose from. Nice and loud too.

Once downloaded, simply press and hold down one of the 6 selections and when it asks, you have the option to set as ringtone, notification or default alarm. I'm partial to #3.

Here is the app and what it will look like: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromo.dev230101.app214417&hl=en

Last edited:
I downloaded that app this spring and have #3 as my ringtone.

Here's a funny story. I was working one day at the grounds where we hold some NSTRA trials. Staking out the fields and pulling out the last stretch of barbed wire fence. It was a typical spring day, fairly warm and the wind was blowing hard and swirling. As I'm working on that section of fence I hear this rooster cackling and he sounded really close. But because of the wind I couldn't pinpoint his exact location. I thought it was to my left but when I would turn it seemed to come from another direction. I had the dogs along and was ready to let them out and find that sucker when he quit. So I kept working on the fence and after about 5 minutes it finally hit me. My cell phone was in my back pocket and someone was trying to call me. Boy did I ever feel stupid! :eek: So obviously the ringtone is very realistic.

Had #3 on my old phone for a while until switched over to iphone. They're a little more sneaky about the custom ringtones. Did get bob white whistle on the new one though.

Back