Resident Opener Reports

Boomer-IN

SD Resident Hunters,
Any reports from resident opener?
Planning to be in the field chasin' the wily ringneck November 15-19!
I'm not real optimistic about bird numbers...but the SDGFP say they are out there? So I guess we will see!!
God bless and be safe!

SD Resident Hunters,
Any reports from resident opener?
Planning to be in the field chasin' the wily ringneck November 15-19!
I'm not real optimistic about bird numbers...but the SDGFP say they are out there? So I guess we will see!!
God bless and be safe!

u need company?

Yes

Buddy from Rapid City hit some walk-in land in central SD and said they each got there limit within a couple hours. Said it was rainy as heck but their were good numbers and holding tight.

I will be headed there next Friday for a week of pheasants and dux!

I'll be staying in Miller from the 8th to the 12th. I'm coming from Western Washington, and a bad year in South Dakota is still way better than a good year here. I'll be hunting public land unless someone wants to invite me and my dog to hunt their private land...hint;)

We hunted the past two days. There were 6 in our group yesterday and 5 today. We limited out both days. I was really pleasantly surprised at the number of birds we saw. And in fact one place the numbers were unreal. And this was public land. So if this is any indication, we should have a great season. Not many beans left in the field and we also saw some corn starting to be combined. Harvest is definately ahead of the average or at least the harvest of the past few years.

Dakotazeb,
Great report glad you had a great hunt and it is inspiring to hear about all of the birds. Congrads

Oh yeah what did you say the coordinace was again. :)

how come I thought that was what you were gonna say, I am sure you will remember by the close of the season, but I won't be able to remember come this time next year so don't worry about it. :cheers:

Spoiled Rotten

O.K. Dakotazeb has already rubbed it in. Let's here it from all you other South Dakota residents who won't fight fair.

We hunted the past two days. There were 6 in our group yesterday and 5 today. We limited out both days. I was really pleasantly surprised at the number of birds we saw. And in fact one place the numbers were unreal. And this was public land. So if this is any indication, we should have a great season. Not many beans left in the field and we also saw some corn starting to be combined. Harvest is definately ahead of the average or at least the harvest of the past few years.

DZ, glad to hear about your success and that you were encouraged. It is always hard to tell what is out there this time of year due to crops and all. Sounds pretty good though. I only hope we will see similar success in the south part of state on opener. The crops coming out quick should help quite a bit in any case. Could we ask for anymore perfect weather to accelerate harvest?

Three of us hunted around Kimball / White Lake area this weekend. Didn't have the best luck. Averaged 2 birds a piece for the two days. There was just too much corn around the public areas we hunted. We could hear the birds in the late afternoon and watched them pour back into the grass after sunset. So I'm encouraged that it will get a lot better as the crops come out.

Back