reserve hunt in indiana

JD138

Anybody else fron Indiana get drawn for the reserve hunt? Finally after 10 yrs. of trying i got drawn! Cant wait! Gotta get out west or up north though!

Missed out this year, but did get drawn last year after a good 15 years of trying. The property was well managed and held a fair number of wild birds. Good luck.

Both my long time hunting partner and I have put in for those for over twenty years each and neither of us has ever been drawn.

I think you must be a politician or judge to get chosen!;)

Both my long time hunting partner and I have put in for those for over twenty years each and neither of us has ever been drawn.

I think you must be a politician or judge to get chosen!;)

:mad: 20+ years and ZILCH! Very frustrating, I drove by one of the properties early opening day (Friday nov.4) and no hunters were there? I would have paid to get in there!

:mad: 20+ years and ZILCH! Very frustrating, I drove by one of the properties early opening day (Friday nov.4) and no hunters were there? I would have paid to get in there!

They only hunt those properties 4 times a year I think. I have hunted an adjoining property to one of them and the landowner told me that. He always would head out right after he saw it hunted and the birds were flushed onto his land.

That particular piece is going back to being farmed next year because farmers can make a heck of a lot more than leasing to the DNR.

i hope the group before me doesnt go crazy in there flushing every bird like madmen! ive waited a long time for this!

i hope the group before me doesnt go crazy in there flushing every bird like madmen! ive waited a long time for this!

From observing those drawn approach these fields , everyone parks in the same spot and enter field at the same spot, as soon as they enter the birds counter by running out the other side or down wind etc. Remember wild birds learn fast after the 1st group goes in, approach the field from the opposite end of where others parked or entered if possible! P.S, what time and day do u want me there and where is it?:D

I guess lightning does strike twice. I just got a call and was invited on another draw hunt for this Friday. The property is south of Boswell by a few miles. If it's anything like the one I did last Saturday I'll be a happy camper.....

I guess lightning does strike twice. I just got a call and was invited on another draw hunt for this Friday. The property is south of Boswell by a few miles. If it's anything like the one I did last Saturday I'll be a happy camper.....
:):
Boswell area is one of the really good pockets in our pheasant belt, I bagged on ol rooster last year on a short hunt on private ground south of Boswell. You should have a good time there, what time/day should my Setter and I meet u guys there?:)

If I was hunting one of those places I would park away from the field and sneak up quietly. I also might drop on hunted on one side if possible then have the others go to another side.

I've seen only one of those field hunted near Dunnngton and when those boys walked in I saw hundreds of birds running out across a plowed corn field. Sneaky buggers.

I'm going to hunt around Raub (new spots) and Kentland (old spots) tomorrow then Milford IL Sat. I got out on the state line last Sunday morning for a brief hunt and flushed 20 birds in 1:20 min. Only shot one cock but only wanted one.

I've gotten mixed reports about bird numbers. Some usual hot spots with few birds others full...

Good luck out there.

Lightning may have struck twice but it didn't translate into anywhere NEAR the hunt last week. Saw 10 birds total.........3 roosters and shot only 2 with 3 guys and 3 dogs. These birds had their track shoes on and we did nothing but excersize them in this field. We had 2 points and 2 solid flushes. The rest were way out there. This was the Geshwein property off of 750 S. just south of Boswell. If you have this property on a future draw........STAY IN BED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, i went on my hunt about 7mi. east of Fowler this weekend. Flushed nothing but hens. Talked to the guys across the road and they had nothing but roosters. All in all, had a good day. Dog did extremely well and I was pleased with him. Glad i at least got some good dog work in.

Back