Release locations?

Population density is part of it, but most State land in the north is generally not pheasant type cover.

Best wild pheasant hunting in the state is in the northern half.

Southern Wi needs all the help it can get.

Don't know anything about the southern half but where I hunt, St. Croix, Polk and Burnett we shoot wild birds all year long, most days only get to hunt an hour after work but we still put up about 6 birds on average.
I'd have to say that there is a big difference between dogs that hunt wild Birds and the dogs that mostly only game farm hunt. I've talked to 30+ guys this year on public land that haven't seen a bird since opening day, yet I can shoot 1 or 2 roosters each time out.
I'd love to come down and see what this release hunting is all about, is it like game farm hunting with piles of people?

Don't know anything about the southern half but where I hunt, St. Croix, Polk and Burnett we shoot wild birds all year long, most days only get to hunt an hour after work but we still put up about 6 birds on average.
I'd have to say that there is a big difference between dogs that hunt wild Birds and the dogs that mostly only game farm hunt. I've talked to 30+ guys this year on public land that haven't seen a bird since opening day, yet I can shoot 1 or 2 roosters each time out.
I'd love to come down and see what this release hunting is all about, is it like game farm hunting with piles of people?

I picture it more like a nightmare that I can't wake up from. I keep pinching myself thinking I will wake up and still be in Minnesota with good wild pheasant hunting. Maybe a slight hyperbole but nonetheless frustrating to say the least.
I'd like to one day take that Pepsi challenge with my dog to see what he can do. Maybe next year.

Back