Reflection

Gentlemen and ladies i have been hunting for 25 years in the upland fields of kansas and for the first time i didn't make it. i did hunt 1 small field with me and the old dog and a new pup but it lasted only a brief moment . but i have been reflecting lately about years past and about the choices a person makes in life and wondering was it really worth all the hasle of not going that i have recieved from all my hunting buddies and until about an hour ago i didn't think so but about an hour ago i did something i never planned on ever I passed on my grandpas Ithica model 37 to my 16 year old son and with the look in his eyes and the sound of pure rejoice and a little chocked up he was more than happy to recieve this fine gun i guess the moral of the story is are we sure we have done everything possiblle to prepare our young hunters for a lifetime of joy and respect iin my case i believe i have . I am not giving up on hunting just passing on something that has caried its weight for years to a very well deserving young man

Congrats to your son, I am sure he will take good care of it.

I am sorry that you didn't make it out very long on the opener. I hope that all is well.

everything is fine I was working out of town and had a nonscheduled day off so i made it home about 230 this morning and didn't really feel the need to go hunt with my eyes closed

Gentlemen and ladies i have been hunting for 25 years in the upland fields of kansas and for the first time i didn't make it. i did hunt 1 small field with me and the old dog and a new pup but it lasted only a brief moment . but i have been reflecting lately about years past and about the choices a person makes in life and wondering was it really worth all the hasle of not going that i have recieved from all my hunting buddies and until about an hour ago i didn't think so but about an hour ago i did something i never planned on ever I passed on my grandpas Ithica model 37 to my 16 year old son and with the look in his eyes and the sound of pure rejoice and a little chocked up he was more than happy to recieve this fine gun i guess the moral of the story is are we sure we have done everything possiblle to prepare our young hunters for a lifetime of joy and respect iin my case i believe i have . I am not giving up on hunting just passing on something that has caried its weight for years to a very well deserving young man

Good for you GCB,

I have just passed on a couple A5s to a couple of young men that will carry on the family tradition. I had them handed down through my great grandfather, granddad, and my dad. The look in there eyes, was priceless. Pass it on to the younger generation.:thumbsup:

Don't let him fool you all!!! He still got a couple Roosters!!!!! He has them tied up somewhere I think!!! Large Roosters with 1 inch spurs!!!! He hasn't passed the honey holes off to his boy though yet!!!!LOL!!!! Good job Joe , you couldn't hit much with that gun anyway!!!!:10sign:

Back