Rain

Did last round of storms have any effect on nesting birds? Got 4inches In southwest mn, I am guessing some nests got washed away.

Did last round of storms have any effect on nesting birds? Got 4inches In southwest mn, I am guessing some nests got washed away.

HW, looks like much of eastern SD did not get the rains that MN got. I checked rainfall at my farm and amounts are still below normal for month of May and month is about done.

The soil erosion in SW MN from rains and wind is atrocious.

we have not had much for rain all week. most of the rain was west of winner or east of salem. however, the crew working by miller reported heavy rain yesterday, but it didn't last long. I think right now the hail is more of a concern than the rain.

Thanks for the info guys. I checked my spots in sd based on weather.com and they did not get much of anything. I am guessing a lot of pheasants are hatching this week.

The bulk of the real heavy rain fell in and around the Twin Cities. Western and SW Mn didn't see nearly as much. We had 5.5" at my place and I'm about 30 Miles NW of the Twin Cities.

The bulk of the real heavy rain fell in and around the Twin Cities. Western and SW Mn didn't see nearly as much. We had 5.5" at my place and I'm about 30 Miles NW of the Twin Cities.

Not sure that is entirely accurate. I just check Windom and they got 8.2 inches for month of May and average is 3.54

In traveling from Mpls to SD I have observed tremendous amounts of soil erosion in SW MN due to wind and water.

Not sure that is entirely accurate. I just check Windom and they got 8.2 inches for month of May and average is 3.54

In traveling from Mpls to SD I have observed tremendous amounts of soil erosion in SW MN due to wind and water.

I was referring to last weeks storm (Wed-Thurs). The twin cities and surrounding areas got much more than SW MN.

Here at my place we are at 11"+ for the month of May.

Back