Prairie Drifter English Setters

Prairie Drifter

Four male and four female tricolored pups whelped 3/20/17. Sire and dam exceptional hunting dogs from proven lines. Flicker is the product of 3 champion grandparents and it shows. Mesa comes from a well-bred Wrong Way male and is a fourth generation in my kennel. Pups are $500. Call Troy Smith 620-532-5900 or email troygs@hotmail.com.

Nice looking pups! Fixin' to pick up one of those little fur-balls of trouble in a Labrador edition!:thumbsup:

Good looking pups Drifter! Flicker is the grandma to my setter I bought from Drifter last spring. My pup is doing great both in the field and home. These are great family dogs and hunters! I would highly recommend these pups to anyone.:10sign:

Never had a setter. Think they are beautiful. Is this line fairly mellow--don't want one that is too "high strung". Would love to give one a try for a family/hunting dog

I have the dam and litter here in the house and she gets along very well despite spending the rest of the year in the kennel. I'm sure MiForester has River in the house. They are quite adaptable and learn when it's time to rumble and when it's time to be family dog.

I have the dam and litter here in the house and she gets along very well despite spending the rest of the year in the kennel. I'm sure MiForester has River in the house. They are quite adaptable and learn when it's time to rumble and when it's time to be family dog.

Yes River is in the house often I would say 50/50, she is outside when we are at work or when we are outside otherwise she is in with the rest of my pack, 2 labs and a britt. She is a great house dog not real hyper considering she is 9 months on 4/15. Again keep in mind I have 4 dogs in the house with 3 of them being under 4 years old and a 11 yo lab. So there is some rough housing between the pups but nothing to complain about. River does know what is expected when we hit the field. So far she is ranging about 75 -150 yds and is doing a good job of casting back and forth. Listens well in the field. My family has been extremely happy with her! She also had a great year for her age in the field and i'm excited to see what this fall brings. Have no regrets at this time. Now granted she is no Brittany, but she is doing her best to keep up!:p

As usual, I'm a bit slow getting the camera out. Here are some updated photos. I do have 2 males and 1 female left.

Are you trying to get me started on a rant, Tom? The reason there are breeds is to stay true to type! These folks that insist on crossing things to make something weird do untold damage to breeders everywhere. See Tom, didn't take much, huh?

I just wish somebody would come up with a way to take the yap out of those little dogs. Maybe they could cross breed with a Basinji!

Are you trying to get me started on a rant, Tom? The reason there are breeds is to stay true to type! These folks that insist on crossing things to make something weird do untold damage to breeders everywhere. See Tom, didn't take much, huh?

I'm just glad I got River before you went rogue! I agree with you 100%. Read an article about the individual who first started the lab poodle cross and he said he regrets what he did and if had to do it over wouldn't.

I do still have 1 male tricolor from this litter and a female tricolor that is dark from a litter out of a grandson of Tomoka and True Citizen.

Back