Please save our F & W Commission

Coldeadhands

Hunters in Washington state recently discovered some representation without permission, on their behalf. A person who represents a hunting PAC held a meeting in which approximately 25 representatives showed up. They were their to discuss and vote on Legislation that would change the structure and mission of the Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission. However, at least one individual went home and started looking for answers. He found a friend of mine who found the bill and explained it. They also covered some other points of interest. The Lobbyist, not only represented these hunters, he also represented Charter boats and commercial fishing boat operators. Yet there was no mention of the charter boat operators or the commercial fisherman, who supported the passage of SSB5127. The letter only pertained to the hunters and how unhappy they were with the current commission. The letter also said that the board members representing 59 hunting organizations, with a total membership of 57,000 individuals wanted to support SSB5127. How do 25 board members rep 59 clubs?

Since that time, many of the groups on the Hunters Heritage website members aka CCW have discovered, no one from their chapter was represented at this meeting. Many of the groups were now either defunct or not up to date and could not be contacted. This little strategy has undercut sportfishing and hunting because a few whiners were found to vote on this hideous legislation.

So, if you hunt, please write to your legislators and let them know, you dont want to support this legislation. The senate resubmitted the original bill SB5127 and PASSED it, so the bill is in the house. If these reps dont hear from hunters, they will follow suit. Im providing some links.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/ house and senate site.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2009-10/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/5127.pdf

I have sent 2-e-mails. This is the second time they have tried this bullcrap. I hope they learn soon we are not going to stand for it.---Bob

Coldeadhands, I have been giving this considerable thought and I think the commission has out-lived it usefulness. They are so controlled by the Special Interest Groups. The average sportsman does not have a voice in things any more. I think they should be replaced with a committee made up of "The Director from each Region" and the Director of the Fish & Wildlife Dept. as Chairman. They have the data from the Biologists and other staff compiled. Their decision's on Seasons and Regulations should be pretty sound. Therefore I am now against continuing the commission.---Bob

Last edited:
Back