pics of my season....

You had a great season!

I love seeing the quail populations bouncing back like they have in the last couple years, very encouraging. I enjoyed the video, that will be nice to look back on in a few years.

Hoping for a mild finish to this winter and a gentle spring for the birds!

Have a good one! :)

THANKS...yes....I hope the same....I have friends in Iowa and they found good numbers of quail this year as well.....

I make the same road trip swings except I go to Iowa instead of South Dakota. Ill get up to the dakotas one day. Just hasnt worked out yet. Cant hardly find people to go to Kansas with me let alone South Dakota!

I make some of the same road trips. Go to SD in November, Usually Ks. and Ok twice and of course in my home state of Mo. Have to say Ok was the best this year as the quail were unbelieveable and pheasants were good there but world class in SD. Lost one of my good bird dogs this year and other one is 12 but still can get it done if given enough rest between hunts. Hope to be able to find a new pup this year as I hunt english pointers and prefer the foot hunting genetics. Sure did enjoy Rascals video and good hunting to all.

Nice pics and looks like you had a good season. It is good to see the birds doing well over most of their range this year. It sounds like everyone had at least a couple of very good hunts. I'd forgotten how much action is involved in taking a limit of quail, looks like you had one of those controlled chaos days it's fun to experience. Hope to meet some of you at P and Q FEST.

Looks like a great season. I am pretty sure I have seen some of the spots in the Flint Hills that you hunted. There were better numbers of quail in those areas this year.

thanks guys....I wish I was able to make a trip to Oklahoma...don't think I can squeeze it in but I heard guys are doing very, very well...I'm hopeful for good hunt next week in Kansas....I wish I could find someone to come along with me on those trips....split expenses and also more dog power as I'm down to 1 dog now....it's tough since I usually go Thurs, Fri, Saturday....those are my regular days off and everyone else is working

THANKS...yes....I hope the same....I have friends in Iowa and they found good numbers of quail this year as well.....

Quail numbers have improved, I love it! My two brothers and my nephew went yesterday and found two GIANT coveys. Dogs went ape! First covey close to 20 birds and the second was 16 to 18 birds. Second covey came out of a large brush pile and the birds came out in singles and doubles in every direction for 4 or 5 minutes. RIDICULOUS! :cheers:

Then it was time to locate singles, my favorite part. :cool:

Next weekend closes out the season, how can it be ending already?? It's just not right....

Back