Pics from todays hunt, my first rooster

atfrith

Hunted the WIA properties around Holyoke today and had a blast! I've gone out for pheasant a couple times over the past couple years but have always hunted around brush and just didnt see any birds but this year I'm trying to get into it more and found a customer at work with a dog and the desire to get into the sport as well. Hit the first field at sunrise and my buddy bagged his first rooster about 30 min later. Then made a run to another field and I bagged my first rooster not 10 steps into the field. The rest of the day was a bit slower and only saw birds flushing wayyy out of range. All in all it was an awesome day and to be able to bag both our and the pup's first roosters was something that I'll always remember. My girlfriend tagged along too and it was nice to have her there to enjoy it with us, (she is actually expressing interest in getting started hunting as well :) )

DSCN2218.jpg

DSCN2244.jpg

DSCN2235.jpg

DSCN2221.jpg

DSCN2230.jpg

Great job but you better be careful though, a little sucess and that much fun can lead to an addiction. Enjoy...........Van

Thanks guys! I'm definitely looking forward to doing more of it and getting a pup once we get into a house this summer and out of our apartment. I'm usually an elk hunter and go every year with the occasional small game, rabbit hunt thrown in during the time i'm not chasing elk, but now that i've got that pheasant bug, well it looks like i'll be spending a whole lot more money on gas each winter, haha.

Nice job. :thumbsup:

You never forget the sight of that first longtail falling out of the sky.

you know it surprised me but I actually found a dead bobwhite in one of the fields we hit in the morning, frozen solid so i have no idea how old it was. I'm guessing from over the weekend and the guy just could find it..

Congrats! Glad you had a good hunt! Aint nuttin better than being out in the field with the boys and the pals! Hope you continue to have good success! Oh, by the way NICE PICS!!!!:coolpics: Thanks for sharing, we sure do enjoy.

Rod

Back