Pheasants Forever

Upland4Ever

Do you think is pheasants forever had more gear in stores they could raise even more funds for wildlife? I was just wondering cause I have to buy most of it online.

Don't think bricks and mortar stores would be profitable for PF. Twenty of every item it sells on line would fill but a small corner in a Cabelas or Bass Pro.

No...way too small a market.
Might work once a year, like halloween stuff or college togs in a good year before a big game.

Let's Go! Mountaineers!, by the way.

Thats what I don't like about ducks unlimited you can just go to the store and buy thier gear. People should be member in order to wear thier gear that way it goes to them and wildlife not the middle man.

Frankly I have found the PF based hunting clothes to be inferior to my wrangler and Carharts. I did the Browning/PF bibs three years ago. The zippers went bad in the first day, rips in the "thorn proof" material by the second day, all around, mine and my families were rag piled at the end of a long weekend. I doubt I will try that again. Of course they were high price, for that branding, it would be better if they were useful, and provided a value. I'd rather give them an increased donation, get stick on stamp, and not bedevil my self with products. PF has a monumental job ahead, just do that, and they'll have my thanks, and donations.

If clothing has a DU or PF logo there are receiving some sort of dontation on the back end. 2nd i belive wearing PF or DU merchdise helps raise public awareness. I wish more places had there prodcut logo material.

Last edited:
And sometimes you can find PF items on sale!!!!

I got the PF Browning (I believe) brush pants, they were higher priced, but I liked the tool pockets on the sides and they worked great.

Wounded Warrior Project Pheasant Hunt

Hello,
My name is SGT James Hamilton and I am with the 1/189th GSAB Nevada Army National Guard. I currently returned home from Afghanistan in late Jan 2012.
I have been working with the Pheasants Forever Local Chapter 483 from Susanville, CA Lassen County. The local chapter has agreed to donate 20 fully guided pheasant hunts to the Nevada Army National Guard. With that said I am working with the Wounded Warrior Project to help get soldiers involved in the outdoors and hunting again.
We have had a lot of support on getting the event going and I was told I should make contact with you asking for support for donations for the event.
I understand that times are tough and that you might not be able to take on new sponsors but I thought I would at least give it a try the worst you can say is NO right.
I am also working with Nevada Department of Wildlife to help put on a Duck Hunt, 2 more Pheasant hunts, Quail hunt, and a fly fishing event, all for Wounded Warrior Project as well. I just had a fishing derby for children of deployed soldiers and soldiers currently mobilizing for overseas. That event got children involved in fishing and the outdoors and some quality time with their loved ones before they go to Afghanistan. That event was on 20 Oct 2012 in Nevada and Nevada Department of Wildlife stocked 1,000 Rainbow Trout for the event. The event went off with a BANG! Every child that attended the event won a prize and caught their limit of beautiful Rainbow Trout.
If there is anything you could do to help out with this event or other events we will be hosting it would be greatly appreciated. And Thank you so much for your time.

SGT James Hamilton
1/189th GSAB
Training NCO
19980 Army Aviation Drive
Reno, NV 89506
Cell(775)233-7322
Office(775)674-5002

Other contact info
Kenneth Misa
Northern California Coordinator
904-654-7651
KMisa@woundedwarriorproject.org