Pheasant Pelt

shorthairs4life

I need a pheasant pelt for some training I need to do with my puppy. If anyone near the metro area or Madison is going to a game farm this weekend please let me know and I will swing by and clean your birds to get a pelt. Unfortunately I can't afford the game farms anymore or I would go myself. I am also going to stop by Wern Valley this afternoon to see if anyone left any birds that I may be able to get a pelt.

Thanks for any help.

Call Macfarlane and see if they have anything.

Then tell them you know a hillbilly that lives in Janesville that will pick it up for you.

Just an idea if nothing works out.

FWIW, I think I still have a frozen bird in the freezer for/from training. I'm happy to give it up if you need it. I'll check tonight when I get home if it's still in there. Hard to keep track of training birds sometimes. I never know exactly what I have until the wife goes in the freezer... then I know VERY well what's in there.

I'm sure this is common knowledge for most everyone on this forum, but just in case;:)

If you use fresh pheasant pelts for training your dogs, before attaching it to the bumper, lie the pelt on a flat surface (feather's facing down) and apply a liberal portion of salt over the entire surface of the pheasant's skin. Let it cure for a few days or (more depending on humidity).

This way, if you want to use the bumper w/the pelt in the future, the pelt will be cured and saving you a stinky/rotten mess later down the road;)

Pelt

If you need a fresh one call Denny up in wyocena. 608-212-1805. He raises birds and you can run up there and get one for 10 bucks. I bought hens from him to train my dog. You will get a kick out of his place if you go. Quite the zoo.
He's on craigslist in Madison and he works in Windsor at the lumber yard. He'll bring a bird down and you can meet him at work if you don't want to drive up there.

If you need a fresh one call Denny up in wyocena. 608-212-1805. He raises birds and you can run up there and get one for 10 bucks. I bought hens from him to train my dog. You will get a kick out of his place if you go. Quite the zoo.
He's on craigslist in Madison and he works in Windsor at the lumber yard. He'll bring a bird down and you can meet him at work if you don't want to drive up there.

10 bucks for a live bird or dead?

Back