Peters Shotgun Shells

Thrasher

Yesterday after taking Molly out after birds, I stopped by a place that normally has a few ducks. I pulled of the road, left the truck running, and got out to see if there were ducks around. I slipped on the ice and almost fell. I glanced around and saw some shotgun shells laying on the ice. Thinking they must have fallen out of my jacket pocket, I picked them up and looked at them. There were three old Federal HV 7 1/2's, and three old Peters, paper hull, with the yellow paper over the crimp saying HV, 3 3/4's, 1 1/4, and shot size. There were two 6's and one 5. Anyone have any thoughts to the age of the shells?

I dont know of the age of the shells but I have shot may of the peters paper hulled shell. I grandad Had a ton of them. There are good shells. I ma thinking 1950's and early 1960's but I don't know for sure. :)

If they had the roll crimp with the paper over the shot they are from the 50's or maybe even earlier. Paper hulls and the roll crimp started to disappear around 1960 give or take a year or two. I remember shooting some of those paper hull Peters back in those days. Peters was actually owned by Remington.

Back