Passing of Don Flory owner of Country hunts

Ranger6

It is with a heavy heart that I report the passing of Don Flory the owner of Country hunts hunting preserve in Valley falls Kansas. Don and Jenny had run the preserve for several years and Don will always be remembered for everything he did to support youth hunters by charging half price for youth hunters and the great support he had for the Soldiers of Fort Riley and Fort Leavenworth. He was a great friend to the Pheasant hunting community of NE Kansas and helped to introduce many to the sport of bird hunting with the preserve. I attended his memorial service this week and it was a honor to speak about everything Don had done for many of us. I just wanted to use this forum to help get the word out. The preserve had it's last hunt the last weekend of March and I was on the hunt with a few of his long time friends. Please keep Jenny and the family in your prayers.

Thanks
Tom

I heard about Don's passing last weekend from my buddy who owns property down the road from Country Hunts. Don was a hell of a guy!:thumbsup: I have known him and Jenny for years. My son's first bird hunts were there and I filmed my dogs there also. Too bad they shut it down I was just talking to my buddy and was wondering about that very thing:(.

Keep 'em in your prayers.

Kick'em Up!

I'm sorry for your loss.

Mr. Flory seems to have been one of those folks you meet in life who is like a gold nugget in a stream...a quality contributor to the lives of people he has interacted with.

When these individuals leave, no one else can quite fill their places.

I heard about Don's passing last weekend from my buddy who owns property down the road from Country Hunts. Don was a hell of a guy!:thumbsup: I have known him and Jenny for years. My son's first bird hunts were there and I filmed my dogs there also. Too bad they shut it down I was just talking to my buddy and was wondering about that very thing:(.

Keep 'em in your prayers.

Kick'em Up!

Man that's too bad. I only went there one time with my son and his friend this fall. I didn't even know about it until you mentioned it to me earlier this year. Seemed like a nice guy.

Back