Party Hunting....thoughts?

What is meant by "party hunting" as described by the Montana officials. Can't hunt in a big group? Or does it pertain to the bag limits for each individual? And how do they enforce this?

Sounds like a unrealistic statute...

Of course you can hunt in groups, number to your choosing. It pertains to bag limits, each hunter must shoot his or her game and limits, then stop any further killing. For instance, if your bird hunting with 5 folks, if one limits out the first 20 minutes and no one else has had a shot, the hunter with their limit, can not shoot anymore. They could walk along, but that's it.

yes to party hunting. of course would stop when possession limit is reached. as a guy with 3 dogs, I tend to carry more birds than I shoot...my dogs find them fairly well. I don't make a habit of determining who shot a bird...implying, of course, that i usually am fairly close to a few guys...often will hunt in a line to ensure birds aren't squirting out...i hunt pheasants a bit differently than I do sharps, for example. If we were alone, separated from the other guys, I would not party hunt....

North Dakota also prohibits party hunting on upland game.

Technically speaking party hunting is always illegal on waterfowl since Federal rules trump state rules.

Back