Should be burning, but the Lord is providing much needed rain. While I am delayed from burning, I figured I ought to protect some other habitats. Just last fall I finished a North American Wetland Conservation Act grant remodeling and improving the wetlands on the area. We added 13 acres (50% more) to the existing 8 marshes north and west of the lake. We raised the main dike about 3 feet, extended it about 300 feet, and replaced all of the water control structures. As usual, there are always resistance to some of our intentions. I have been having problems with some pesky beavers voting against my trying to dewater marshes for several weeks. I thought now was an opportune time to address their damage. Took 1 adult and 1 kit out this morning. The den has 2 entrances, so the excavator will be needed once I'm done trapping. Hoping for the other adult and any additional kits the next couple of mornings. I have them causing problems in about 5 more places on my wetlands, so getting this colony controlled isn't the end of it.