Opening Day

smizell

Is anyone going to go try the Missouri opener? I will be out at Bilby. I know the forcast is not good, but I bet we get a few birds and at least get out in the field.

Waiting to get work schedule but I hope I have Monday morning off and atleast get to say I made the opener! Definately getting out the first weekend. Does anyone know if the crops are out at and around Bilby?

Not even going to try, last year was a bust and if this year is worst than last year then its not worth putting the miles on the truck. Waiting for KS to open.

Zeepo

I am also pumped for Kansas to open. I figure even if we dont get any birds at least the dogs will get some exercise.

wouldn't miss it hopes ain't to high real low as a matter of fact i think the conversation dept should fire the so called quail experts abnd start from scratch. every year it is worse like a looosing team they will finally fire the whole coaching staff and gm a nd so on, they should do the same their so calles quail enphisss areas are a joke almost all are rated fair , they should all be rated ecsellant i don't care what the wheather was it was the same back in the 70's, 80's anyway good luck to all

Yeah my friend talked me into going, I guess if nothing else that will make 20 years in a row. Cant break the streak. I did talk to Dennis Browning at Pony Express if anyone wants to call him he is at 816-675-2205 he told me of some pretty good spots to go and he said they are seeing more quail than last year and he thinbks it is not going to be as bad as they printed.

Zeepo

Back