Ohio rookie

gspbrdguy

Hello everyone, my pup Brutus and I have caught Pheasant Fever! Our first season out netted over 25 birds and we are addicted. I think you might say it was the call of the wild for both of us! The thrill of teaching him to quarter, flush, point, and retrieve most of which he picked up naturally, and the shear excitment of when the bird launches from the ground with that funny cackle! He and I are both getting better every hunt! We live in Brimfield Ohio in Portage county. We've been hunting West Branch, Berlin, and the Grand River! We joined up here to meet other hunters and learn more about this awesome sport! Hope to hear back from you guys!

Welcome to UPH, I see you have a GSP, I have Brittany's. A good dog is a must in my book for good Pheasant hunting........Bob

Welcome to the site. Good group of guys here and a lot of knowledge. You are up towards my old stomping grounds. Spent my first 21 years just about 15 miles east of where you're at. Nice area.

Matt D

Ever hunt out at Berlin?

Maybe once if I am thinking right. Did very little bird hunting when I was out there because there were hardly any. Mostly deer hunted and we ran beagles quite a bit for rabbits and would kill the occasional bird with them on private property. Little bit of bird hunting I did do was at West Branch as I lived 1/2 mile or so from the lake and that property. That area has changed a bunch in the 15 years I have been gone. Still get up that way often to see family. Spend some time right in your back yard at Vic's.

To take 25 birds up there is a great year by anyone's standards. Good job!

Matt D

Welcome :cheers:

Hello everyone, my pup Brutus and I have caught Pheasant Fever! Our first season out netted over 25 birds and we are addicted. I think you might say it was the call of the wild for both of us! The thrill of teaching him to quarter, flush, point, and retrieve most of which he picked up naturally, and the shear excitment of when the bird launches from the ground with that funny cackle! He and I are both getting better every hunt! We live in Brimfield Ohio in Portage county. We've been hunting West Branch, Berlin, and the Grand River! We joined up here to meet other hunters and learn more about this awesome sport! Hope to hear back from you guys!

welcome bobby g Bethel OH:cheers:

training?

Does anyone know where Brutus and I can go for some training for both of us! I know he has got it in him to be a champion hunter, but I want to refine his skills. I am also taking suggestions on food plans and vests for gsp. Hope everyone had a good final weekend!

Back