O/U

Hossdog

I just got a stoeger condor this year. I am thinking that maybe next year I may upgrade. I hear a lot of talk about the Beretta 686 but what about the Browning Citori"s or the Ruger Red Label's. Any thoughts?

What guage are you talking about? If it is to be a 12 ga. I would go with a Beretta as they are lighter and have a lower profile reciever. I have a 12 ga. Citori that weighs 8.2 lbs. and after carying it a couple of hours it feels like it weighs a ton! The 16 and 20 ga. Citori's are much lighter at 6lbs. 12oz. and 6lbs. 8oz. respectively. I have one of each of those and believe me they are much nicer to carry all day.

Beretta or Browning, both fine guns which if taken care of will last a couple lifetimes.

There's a reason you don't see many Ruger O/Us.

Browniing..Best There is Don't forget the Cynergy, I have two Cynergy's, one Citori and one Superposed. They have been flawless and the grade of wood on a Browning, makes the wood on a Beretta looking like pallet wood. Nothing wrong with the performance and durability of a Beretta, just plain wood on them unless you pay $6-$10.000 for one.

Ruger stands behind their guns very well but they have to. Nearly everyone will sooner or later have problems. Ruger will fix them though, nearly always for "Free"

Well I went to Cableas and I messed around with a Browning special field and someone was right the wood on it was very nice swung real well now I just need to find a Beretta and try it out.

I agree with 870 I have a 20 ga. citori which I love and is my main gun but my uncle has the 12 ga. ,although a great gun I personally think it is way too heavy for the field. Berrrattas are lighter.

As I posted in another thread, I think the Beretta has a longer length-of-pull than the Browning, so one or the other may fit you incrementally better from that perspective.

Back