NSTRA Trial @ Major Avenue Hunt Club

Dakotazeb

Just a reminder for you Minnesota guys and gals of the NSTRA Field Trial we have coming up at the Major Avenue Hunt Club by Glencoe, MN on May 14th & 15th. Excellent opportunity to find out was NSTRA is all about. Hope to see you there.

Here's the scoop:

May 14 - 15, 2011
64 dog DBL/DBL
Major Avenue Hunt Club
Glencoe, MN
Chairman: Dave Northamer
P.O. Box 263
Chaska, MN 55318
Co-Chair: Mike Ryan
$45/entry (chukar partridge used for all braces)
Daily prizes and awards
Prizes and awards for High Point Dog of The Weekend
Prizes and awards for Handler of The Weekend

The trial was a success in spite of the weather on Saturday. The wind and rain made for a miserable day. Sunday was bright sunshine with a fairly stiff breeze but a huge improvement over Sat. Goldeneye even made it down for awhile both days and I think I have him interested. Sure wish I would have see a few more of you guys.

Elle did okay for the weekend but not as well as I would have liked. She had a couple of bad runs and a couple of pretty good ones. No placements, but we're getting closer. She must have impressed a few people because I received a number of very positive comments. One of the guys I was matched against said he'd never seen a Brittany that was that fast. And one of the judges asked me if she was for sale. She is young and still learning. Hopefully by next year she will have the NSTRA game figured out and start placing.

Missed it!

Sorry I wanted to get over there. I did nothing but forgot about it. Sheesh slept on the couch for awhile.
Pretty sad when you live 7 miles away from there.

Lazlo

Thanks for the invite it was fun to watch the dogs. Elle was fun to watch.
Did you have your roast yet? Sorry for not bring you a package of steaks.

It was a costly trip as I put money down on a custom made trailer:confused:

I have some work to do but I hope to run in the trial in Sept. My friend with the Shorthairs would like to go also. Keep me informed. I'll be joining Nstra soon.

Back