Northern Colorado Pheasants Forever fundraising banquet

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but certainly not new to pheasant hunting in Colorado (or surrounding states). There seems to be some very good folks on this forum.

I try to give back to the sport of pheasant/upland bird hunting that gives me so much enjoyment in my life. One primary way I do this is volunteering with Pheasants Forever, an organization I have belonged to for a long time and have actively volunteered in the last 10 or so years.

I think most of us would agree that pheasant hunting this past season in many places in Colorado was the best its been in many years. Obviously due to some luck from mother nature, but also due to ongoing habitat improvement. And it can get even better.

If you haven't already, please consider joining Pheasants Forever and help make a difference. I wanted to let those know who might be interested in the Northern Colorado Chapter of Pheasants Forever annual fundraising banquet on Feb. 27, 2010 in Fort Collins (I saw another thread here where someone else was announcing CO PF banquets and that is great). Whether you attend our banquet or another one, it doesn't matter just get involved and give your support.

FYI - here is a little more information about our banquet and what is going on with PF in CO:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This year's event will be held on Saturday, February 27, 2010 at The Elk's Lodge in Fort Collins. Here is a link to our chapter web site with more details:

http://www.nocopf.com/banquet.htm

We really need your support and more importantly, our youth, pheasants and other wildlife need all of our support. As you may know Pheasants Forever, with its 621 local chapters and 125,000 members is the premier national organization working to create and preserve quality habitat that is so vital to upland birds and many other species of wildlife. Pheasants Forever is also a leader in educating and engaging our youth in the outdoors way of life.

In Colorado, Pheasants Forever is alive and well and great strides have been made in the past year. Three Farm Bill Biologists are about to be hired that will be dedicated to working with landowners on habitat projects across the pheasant range of the state. A State Habitat meeting and workshop with landowners was recently held in Stratton, CO. Habitat projects and youth mentor hunts continue across the state. This year the pheasant population in many areas of Colorado was the best in years, due to ongoing conservation efforts and some luck from mother nature!

Locally, our Northern Colorado Chapter is working hard to implement Pheasants Forever's mission in this area. We have been a leader in expanding youth outdoor programs and mentor hunts. Along with Trout Unlimited, Pheasants Forever hosted the first annual T.U.N.E (The Ultimate Nature Experience) camp this past summer. We have donated resources to the national and state Pheasants Forever organizations to support their habitat efforts.

The late Jim Range, a pre-eminent sportsman/conservationist and founder of the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership (TRCP) once said: "We gotta save this thing we love 'cause ain't nobody else gonna do it."

If you want more information go to our chapter link or pm me and I'll be happy to help you.

Best Regards,

Doug Finnman, Northern Colorado Pheasants Forever

Doug,

Welcome to the forum. I plugged the banquet back in January as well (see the post about 10 threads down). But you can never re-emphasize it enough. Hopefully a few guys from the forum make it. I've gotten to know a couple of guys, and I'll see if I can't twist their arms.

Doug really is right everyone. And just remember, without pheasants forever, we wouldn't be walking those chest high fields of switchgrass, or all of those shelterbelts loaded with birds.

I hope to see everyone there.

Chad

Chad - thanks so much and hope to see you (and others) at our banquet. We have a total of 15 guns to be won in raffles/games, some nice hunts to win, as well as lots of other great prizes.

So you're supporting something worthwhile and there is a decent chance you'll leave the banquet with a nice prize or two.

Best,

Doug

Oh, I'll be there. I was actually at last months meeting, and hope to make it this Wednesday's meeting as well.

Back