North Central birds

Thrasher

I took Molly out again on Sunday. We have not been able to limit yet this season, but we have gotten birds every trip. Yesterday was no different. Molly ended up tracking, pinning, and pointing a rooster after a few minutes. We had 4 or 5 more instances where she got birdy, pointed, and moved, but we never pinned the bird. After hunting the crp, we walked the edge of a cow pasture that normally gives up a rooster or two. We moved one from under a ceder tree and came home with two.

The video link shows Molly working the first rooster and then us finding the second one.

http://youtu.be/IJSSqqQgFRI

How far do you think that first shot was? I am not sure how much the GoPro distorts the depth perception but that looked like a pretty long shot to me.

Nice video of great dog work and shooting.

the first bird was probably 20 to 25 yards out. It has been a blast watching Molly really figure it out.

Nice job! Thanks for sharing the video, and it's good to know there are still birds out there.:thumbsup:

Awful nice work there, and a good looking dog.

I never get tired of seeing that stuff!

Thanks guys! Yes, I was set at 1080 narrow field of view. I just got back from going to the Alamo Bowl with the Junction City High School marching band at 3:30 this morning. Really wanted to go out again today, but am still debating.

Back