Non resident

GWP14

I'll be headed to Iowa next week for work. Going to be there for 5 years or so. I'll be bringing my dogs out come pheasant season. I will be located around Grinnell. Curious how the public land hunting is around there. I'll also be knocking on doors since I'll be there for so long. Are non residents allowed to hunt all season or just a 10 day period like South Dakota. I've been looking but can't find any information on it.

From my experience hunting Iowa as a non-resident, a non-resident license entitles you to hunt the entire season.

Good luck!

Frank

Iowa Non resident Reply to Thread

GWP14 - Here is a link to the Iowa DNR website you will find the information you are looking for: http://www.iowadnr.gov/Hunting/Hunting-Licenses-Laws

It looks like the nonresident licenses are for the same period as resident.

You can download the 2016-2017 hunting and trapping regulations from there in pdf format and on Page 3 you will find the information you are looking for. Also, if you click on the Places to Go tab in the top center of the page you can find links to all of the public hunting areas and walk-in areas in the state. They also have an app you can download to your phone. I am not real familiar with the pheasant hunting in the Grinnell area. I hope you find this information helpful. If you don't mind traveling a bit PM me and maybe we can set up a time to hunt in my area sometime. Merrill

I have hunted the Grinnell area as Nonresident and found the further you are from town the better door knocking will go. Maybe 30min or so out of town, the farmers we talked to and hunted on were all very nice folks. Have hunted both North and South of town. Good luck!

Back