No birds

Hossdog

Is it tough on dogs who haven't been on wild birds to keep going out and not finding any? I have seen a lot of negative posts on preserve hunting but with wild birds being so slim here in kansas I am thinking about the preserve just to get them some bird time..any thoughts on this?

Is it tough on dogs who haven't been on wild birds to keep going out and not finding any? I have seen a lot of negative posts on preserve hunting but with wild birds being so slim here in kansas I am thinking about the preserve just to get them some bird time..any thoughts on this?

I think bird contact is better than no bird contact. Just my opinion.

To hell with what anyone says about preserve hunting. Go have fun with your dog. Isn't that point anyways?

You have to get the dog on birds. Wild is best, but preserve is way better than nothing.
Go have some fun.

I go to the game farm with my dogs when I cant get out for wild birds. Pen birds are better than no birds! See if you can shoot scratch. Its as close as you can get to the real thing.

Thanks guys I went ahead and booked one for the first week in dec.. The older dog (2yrs)worked his but off today but just no birds.

Back