Nikon Binoculars, terrible customer service.

Have Nikon Binoculars that have a life time warranty. Contacted company during the second week of June 2015 to request new dust covers as mine had broken and fallen off (direct attachment). Thinking that by calling in June that would leave plenty of time before hunting season to get replacement parts, still waiting!!!! Contacted them on several occasions and receive the same run around, parts are on back order, they will see what they can do to assist me in getting them. As far as I'm concerned the warranty is no better than the paper it is written on, I'm curious if others have experienced this run around or if I'm just the unlucky one? Any suggestions on what to do? Bino's still work, it is the point of the issue, simple part, simple replacement.

Ask them if they have replacement glass because yours are all scratched up...:cheers:

I own a pair of Burris and they are just down the road 30 minutes. I took my Bino's in for a service. They usually tighten them up and clean them and replace a eye cup from time to time. The last time I took them in I got a phone call a couple days later stating they were not going to service them as they were pretty beat up... They get used a bunch and it is my fault they take a beating...Anyway I was thrown back for a minute not knowing what to say and then he said there will be a new pair waiting for you at the front desk... Now I really was thrown back!!! I know sometimes customer service can be a pain and turnover rate can be high in those positions. I have heard bad things about Burris from time to time, but sometimes they suprise you!!:cheers:

RS, If you can tell me the model number of the bino's that need new dust covers I may be able to get them for you. Can you can PM me all your contact information? I do freelance PR/Shooting Event's for Nikon and try to help guy's out like yourself when I can.
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff

Last edited:
bino's

I haven't heard anything back about trying to help you out,Rooster. If you are interested please let me know ASAP as I'm about ready to finally get in some hunting.

Thanks again for looking into this bman940. Been getting my birds in MN on a regular basis. My South Dakota stuff is another story, hunting all private ground, some of the best in the area. Working hard for the birds. How are the pheasants in Texas, I've read a few articles about hunting them in your great state, kind of peaked my interest!!!

?

Let me see what I can do for you. I'll keep you oposted if I hear anything.
Being Fri most of the NY Nikon office i deal with are gone.
Enjoy the weekend.
My e-mail is below.
Bart
bbk940@verizon.net

roosters

I used to upland hunt my labs for pheasants and quail here in Tx but not in the last 10 years. To much walking and not enough shootin'.
We'd go up to the panhandle where it's all private land and knock on doors, most would say yes but tell us they haven't seen many birds. I have a few friend's who own feedlots in E. KS, now that is huge fun. 4 guy limit's in less then an hour usually. Dogs love it and not to much work. Sometiems in winter get in some waterfowl blasting too. Now that I do freelance work for Nikon most of my hunting involves a scope! I do get out to shotgun whenever I can though. For ow I'd skip upland hunting here, though suppsoedly with all our spring rains the quail will be best in 15 ears. Last 5 have been maybe 3 covey's a day and that's with Ranger's and pointer's.

Giant Thank-you!!!!

Huge shout out to bman940 for the assistance in getting my dust covers from Nikon!!!! I could not get anything accomplished in 5 months and after a short conversation via this web site a package shows up at my door the other day with a new set of dust covers!!!! This is just another example as to the character of the majority of the folks in this group that are passionate about the ring-neck pheasant and the way we help each other out. Thanks again Bart!!!!:10sign:

:10sign::10sign::10sign:Never know who is lurking waiting to help someone out!! Way to go bman940!!!!

Always happy to help out when I can. I just try to treat folks how I want to be treated. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Back