Nice day

Kismet

UPH Guru
Been hunting a lot more than finding.

Today worked out, just fine.

Mickpheasantsknifelyingdown.jpg

Congrats! Find em on public ground? I've had some really poor luck on public land ever since that first weekend.

Chuck

Hey Chuck,

I have had some good luck in the Brooklyn area and also in Albany just south of Madison. Send me a private message if you want specifics.

Over at Yellowstone, but only four birds total in a dozen tries. I don't hunt week-ends, though.

Good luck. This week is last of put and take before deer season, then once more, the week after deer season.

Super pic! So how exactly does "put and take" work? Does the DNR plant a bunch of birds in nondisclosed areas on random days or do they publish that info?

DNR puts them out on State Park hunting designated land one day a week for the weeks leading up to Deer Season, then the week following. I'd guess it is most often the Thursday or Friday of the week, so that week-end hunters can find some birds.

The two in the picture were gotten on a Monday. BUT...it was the Monday of the last week before Deer season, so they may (probably) put them out early in the week so that some folks could hunt before the rifle shooters get out there.

I'm speculating, but it makes sense to me.

Mick and my old legs put on a lot of distance over the season-to-date; gentle slopes became steep hillsides after a bit. For the time and effort involved, I would have expected better results, based on previous years' experience.

I didn't miss birds, I didn't see them so I could miss. :)

I have yet to put up a bird in Bloomfield-wild birds-no release
Ive had limited success in New Munster. The warm weather every weekend doesnt help

Back