New to site, moderately new to pheasant hunting

wlffmnnn

New to the site and I can say I really enjoy reading it. I am moderately new to pheasant hunting though I have hunted since I was 7. Getting ready to take my first trip on my own with my dogs to Kansas. I just do not have a clue as to where to go to see birds. I have a 2 yo and a 4 yo shorthair who seem eager to go, I just need to figure out where. I have the WIHA map from the wildlife dept. but there is really no way to tell if any one place is better than the other. Driving is not a problem since I live in central Oklahoma. Any advice would be very much appreciated. BTW I am leaving the afternoon of the 17th and getting my dad and nephew, and then we are going from there until about the 21st. Thanks again to all, and again I really enjoy the site.
:cheers:

Welcome to the site! Just a GREAT bunch here. You're gonna love Kansas. The people there are super. Made a trip there about 3 wks ago and had a great time. We went to the Garden City area and saw a good number of birds. Don't be afraid to ask for permission to hunt! The worst they can say is no and we didn't find anyone that said no! Just super! They made it plain and clear that if you don't ask then it aint gonna be pretty! I Don't balme them either. Hope you enjpy the site. Good luck on your trip and let us know how it went. We love pics too!!! lol:thumbsup:

Rod​

Welcome to UPH, I hope you have a good trip and find some good shooting.......Bob

Back