New Pup! My first bird dog

209hunter

Glad I found this forum, it seems like lots of good info and discussion. Just wanted to show off my new springer pup, Sprig. He is about 3 1/2 months old and doing great, his retrieving is awesome so far and he picked up crate and potty training fast. This is my first gun dog thats my own and its been a great experience so far, hopefully I do enough right to mold him into a good bird dog, time will tell i guess haha

IMG_1034_zpsf571fc4b.jpg

IMG_1035_zps46fe9ef4.jpg

he thinks he's a pointer in this one haha

IMG_1036_zps4ff7582c.jpg

Too bad you couldn't find a cute one... :laugh:

Looks like a winner to me.:thumbsup:

Great looking pooch! He'll do as much to train you as you will train him..Amazing how much natural talent are in these guys! Have fun, enjoy the ride!:)

Cute pup! Nothing cutter than a pup. I am sure it will bring you years of joy.

Good looking pup! Congrats to you. You haven't taken a bird over her yet, but I bet you're already noticing just how much a pup adds to your life. :thumbsup:

Nice looking pup 209. How far north are you? Merced? Farther? I'm in Madera, we used to be in the 209 back in the day.:D

Thanks for the kind words guys! Quail hound im a little farther north in the Tracy area. But Ill likely be hunting pheasants/chucker around Newman or maybe around Rio Vista, not sure yet.

Let's do our rain dance so there will be enough wild birds this fall.:cheers:

Great looking pup! It's hard to find a better hunting companion than a well bred Springer. Hope you have many years and memories together. :thumbsup:

Good looking pup. :thumbsup:

Just sent one of my pups out to California, they were sending it to a snake trainer right away to teach them how to stay away from rattlesnakes! Might be a good idea. I don't know I don't hunt where there are rattlesnakes. Good looking dog!

Congrats! Great-looking pup . . . enjoy.

And . . .
PHP:
 [COLOR="Black"]He'll do as much to train you as you will train him[/COLOR]
. . .
Truer words were never spoken, lol . . . part & parcel of the great ride you two have ahead of you.

WTF happened to the font on THAT post? Guns & dogs I understand; computers, not so much. "A man's GOT to know his limitations."

Back