New pointer

James O

I am looking at getting another dog.My lab is 3 years old and is a great pet and a good hunter.Since I live in Southern CA we don't get much wild pheasant hunting but do hunt on preserves a lot .We go on one 10 day hunt per year in the Dakotas. I was thinking of getting a PP but the majority of hunters on this site talk about Britney's.
Any opinions on both dogs would be appreciated .I think having great pet first then hunter next to is where I am coming from.
I love my lab but would like to get pointer now and hunt them both separately
Thanks jim

I believe you hear more about Brittany's here simply because they are more popular. I've looked into PPs, and like any breed, it seems like it depends on the line.

I'm a Brittany guy but I think either a Britt or PP would make you a good pet and hunting dog. Just be very careful in selecting a breeder for either dog. I think the two biggest differences in the breeds is size and their coats. I've seen large variances in both breeds when it comes to coats so you need to make sure your breeder is producing dogs with the type of coat you want. Good luck.

Back