New (old) Dog

I have a new hunting buddy or hunting date, as it is a she. She is a 4 1/2 year old English Setter from "All Setter Rescue". SHe good with the cat, has great house manors, very sweet and loves to hunt. I have had her for a 2 week trial and out on birds three times. The last time was Satuirday at the CGDA Chukar Trials where she performed quit well in the novice division. She works the field great running big but quartering and covering the ground well. Keeps an eye on me and if she gets out of sight works her way back quickly. Changes direction on my voice/wistle, responds great to the Woa command, holds a hard point and at least for 4-5 minutes or as long as it takes for me to get my old butt to the bird. She does need work on her retrieve as she only brought back 1 1/2 birds back out 4 she pointed at the trial. I am trying to attach a few pictures but they are to big for the site (will work on that). It is hard to replace my Irish, Copper but he is only capable of short walks now. Have a good summer all as I will be training Dakota or she will be training me.

Congrats on a great rescue!!! Post some up soon!!:thumbsup:

Sure seems like a dream rescue.

Congratulations.

I'm going to make Mick read your post; the dummy still goofs off. :)

Pictures

Having a little trouble getting the size to fit on this Web Site, the good ones are to big. Here are a few of E.S. Dakota, my new hunting buddy or what do you call a girl hunting buddy?

Nice pics! Great that you rescued! My big guy is a rescue - he has been an excellent companion, proved to be quite the bird dog and has done well in AKC hunt tests. I couldn't believe that someone didn't want him and that he stayed in a foster home for 3 months, with no one being interested.

Dakota with her 3rd Place Novice medal from todays CGDA Chuka Trial. She marked all 5 birds, but I missed the 4th one and she crept a bit on the 5th and it flushed. I still need to work on her retrieve.

SDT,

I win win tribute for both the dog and his new Master..............congradulations, wish we had more great stories like this.

Congrats Steve! Can't wait to meet yer new canine bud, hope Chance's ACL heals properly & we can get in a couple good days again together this season... :thumbsup:

I have a new hunting buddy or hunting date, as it is a she. She is a 4 1/2 year old English Setter from "All Setter Rescue". SHe good with the cat, has great house manors, very sweet and loves to hunt. I have had her for a 2 week trial and out on birds three times. The last time was Satuirday at the CGDA Chukar Trials where she performed quit well in the novice division. She works the field great running big but quartering and covering the ground well. Keeps an eye on me and if she gets out of sight works her way back quickly. Changes direction on my voice/wistle, responds great to the Woa command, holds a hard point and at least for 4-5 minutes or as long as it takes for me to get my old butt to the bird. She does need work on her retrieve as she only brought back 1 1/2 birds back out 4 she pointed at the trial. I am trying to attach a few pictures but they are to big for the site (will work on that). It is hard to replace my Irish, Copper but he is only capable of short walks now. Have a good summer all as I will be training Dakota or she will be training me.

Congrats on your new hunting buddy....

Greg

Back