Quickdraw

Howdy all; I hail from west mi. I started hunting birds at 10 when I lived in Ill. We moved to Mi early 70's when birds were abundant. I made my first trip west in 1972, and was hooked for life. This fall I will make my 49th and 50th trip out west. I hunt mainly pheasant as we have land in SD. I will venture to the grasslands and down into NE for quail and prarrie grouse. I shoot a few grouse and woodcock around home but for me the plains and the pheasant is king. I hunted with a 20ga 101 for 32 years. Imp and mod 26 inch barrels fast and spot on. I have since added a BPS 16ga and a little Berretta 28 to my arsenal. I always shoot 5s for the king of gamebirds. Fiocchi if I can getem. Nothing else has the knockout punch of those shells. The dog when I use one is a llewellin setter, classy with lots of stamina. may we meet afield.

Welcome! Where y'all from, Quickdraw? Tell us 'bout yer huntin'. Lookin' forward to yer posts.

Welcome to UPH, drop by and set a spell, the coffee pot is always hot......Bob

We have about 500 acres between White lake and Plankinton. Its about 1/2 crop and 1/2 crp. We farm for birds. We also share with some of the local farmers. I also have some solid connections in Ne. Ne is a sleeper destination for a mixed bag.

Back