New member in the Bay Area

Beniciahd

Hey there everyone. Thought I would drop in and say hello. I haven't found many forums dedicated to upland hunting in California. Glad I found this place. I have just finally gotten back into hunting since my childhood. I have a 7 month gsp that I'm going to get in the field this season and work. Hopefully with the drought we'll still find success. I'll work her in some clubs when I can afford to. I am doing a lot of research trying to find some areas within a couple hours of me. I hope to get on Quail and if we are lucky some pheasant. Looks like dfg and blm land are my best bet, just hope the pressure isn't too bad.

Welcome to UPH, nice looking pup you have there. The pheasant hunting can be pretty good in the Suisun marsh from what I've heard and quail also though I'm not sure if quail are off limits there or not, a drive north should put you in quail though. I don't think you'll deal with a lot of pressure except for on opening days, I know I don't. Good luck this year, share some pics and stories with us when you can.:cheers:

Back