New member from Texas

lbills

I've been lurking on here for nearly a year and really enjoy reading the forum.

As the title implies, I am from Texas and an avid quail hunter. I used to pheasant hunt in the Texas Panhandle every year until the bird numbers crashed due to drought. I currently have two English Pointers, a finished female that I hunt behind and a male pup that is 5 months old that I'm training on. Both dogs are Nemaha and Rebel breeding, and came from Phantom Kennels in Abilene, Texas.

I look forward to continuing to read the forum and to now join in on the conversations.

I've been lurking on here for nearly a year and really enjoy reading the forum.

As the title implies, I am from Texas and an avid quail hunter. I used to pheasant hunt in the Texas Panhandle every year until the bird numbers crashed due to drought. I currently have two English Pointers, a finished female that I hunt behind and a male pup that is 5 months old that I'm training on. Both dogs are Nemaha and Rebel breeding, and came from Phantom Kennels in Abilene, Texas.

I look forward to continuing to read the forum and to now join in on the conversations.

Welcome to the forum, from a fellow Texan.
I too used to hunt pheasant in the panhandle (born in Plainview)
Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see the good ol' days of Texas pheasant hunting again.
But the current quail population certainly helps to ease the pain!

Yessir, the quail population in western Texas is at an all time high since 1978, according to the surveys conducted by the Texas Parks and Wildlife. This season is going to be a great one!

Back