New Law

People who spend a week hunting are not the issue.People who spend a month,renting houses, hiring these guys.They are the problem
Yes Goose, people like me, have a cabin there since 2000, buy all my groceries, gas for my 2010 rusting suburban and anything else I need from the local stores. Donate to local causes and use local contactors for any electrical, plumbing or heating needs, also pay taxes. Yup I am the problem and will continue to be.

Attachments

• bird heads.jpg
    bird heads.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 13
Mabel, do you unofficially guide and rent your house out to non residents or just invite a few friends out to hunt?? Some do profit "unofficially"

Mabel, do you unofficially guide and rent your house out to non residents or just invite a few friends out to hunt?? Some do profit "unofficially"
Nope, just family or friends. Last fall one friend came out 1st week of December for 4 days, nobody wants to drive that far. I lived there for 10 years, worked in the sporting goods and guiding industry, I've said it before, the first 2-3 weeks of season there's some people around, but as soon as big game ends, crickets, or residents; and residents mainly from western Montana...

Yes Goose, people like me, have a cabin there since 2000, buy all my groceries, gas for my 2010 rusting suburban and anything else I need from the local stores. Donate to local causes and use local contactors for any electrical, plumbing or heating needs, also pay taxes. Yup I am the problem and will continue to be.
I'd like to own a house in eastern south Dakota, and I could I suppose. All of my hunting friends have died or quit.Montana doesn't have the farm land and cover that south Dakota has.plus it's climate is different being farther north.More snow, colder,ect.

Back