New hunting rig

waterdog09

Finally got a new truck for hunting, topper got installed last week next up is the drawer setup and 4 dog box in back which will be getting built this summer. Already have the plans in my head just need the time to build it all!

That black color will keep the dogs warm on cold days.

No I only have 1 right now, will be getting a second next spring. But the guys I hunt with Tbear included all have either a dog or two so a 4 dog box is nice to have, cuts down on the amt of vehicles we need. It's not brand new so it's got some scratches already

Nice Rig!

Nice truck. I have a 2011 Chev Crew Cab DMax in black. Absolutely love the truck. If you haven't seen them yet do a search on the web for Leer Locker. Cool product, bolts to the top of your cap where it is nice and out of the way. Pivots down to access your gear. Only down fall is that it only holds 100#. I have a truck vault and it is good but it does take up room in the bed of the truck. What I like about the truck vault is that I can really put a lot of gear / weight in it. I have an eight hole dog trailer so I don't transport dogs in the truck. View attachment 4531

Very nice truck and topper. Sounds like you will be all set this fall. Please post pics of the drawer and dog boxes when finished.

I Have the entire drawer setup and dog box thought out, along with fans and heat for late season hunts. $$ is a small price to pay to keep the dogs comfortable year round and safe. Everything will be lockable to keep dogs and gear safe!!

Very nice truck!:10sign:

If you use the truck off-road a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks set at 2" in the front and a size bigger tires will save your airdam on approach or 2 track roads and you won't sacrifice any on road comfort or fuel mileage in my experience.

I Have the entire drawer setup and dog box thought out, along with fans and heat for late season hunts. $$ is a small price to pay to keep the dogs comfortable year round and safe. Everything will be lockable to keep dogs and gear safe!!

Sounds like a great setup when finished... looking forward to seeing your final complete rig. I'm truckless right now and go back and forth whether I "need" one again. Nice truck... :thumbsup:

Your going to LOVE that truck! All my GM trucks have gone over 250,000 some 300,000 miles.
How about some specs, engine, rear, etc.?

Back