New from W Wa State

Hi all, happy to have found this site. I’ve big game hunter all my life (now in my late 40’s) and just got into pheasant hunting here in Western Washington at the JBLM pheasant release site. I don’t have a trained gun dog but find success in getting adopted every weekend by someone who does. I’ve had a great time learning this sport! My username was the name of our first family dog, a cocker spaniel named Sambo that we got in 1984.

Hi all, happy to have found this site. I’ve big game hunter all my life (now in my late 40’s) and just got into pheasant hunting here in Western Washington at the JBLM pheasant release site. I don’t have a trained gun dog but find success in getting adopted every weekend by someone who does. I’ve had a great time learning this sport! My username was the name of our first family dog, a cocker spaniel named Sambo that we got in 1984.
JBLM has a very good put and take pheasant release program. That said, isportman used for signing up and hunting on the post is new and has been a source of pain this year. They are doing everything they can to modify it to this installation and it’s getting better. Good luck In the field.

JBLM has a very good put and take pheasant release program. That said, isportman used for signing up and hunting on the post is new and has been a source of pain this year. They are doing everything they can to modify it to this installation and it’s getting better. Good luck In the field.
I agree! I’ve been out there several weekends .

My buddy John and I normally go to 21A in the mornings. You?
As a state volunteer for the pheasant release program on JBLM I’ve released and hunted all the fields. Typically because of my home location I release and hunt the north fields by Spanaway. 8, 12, 13, and 15.

As a state volunteer for the pheasant release program on JBLM I’ve released and hunted all the fields. Typically because of my home location I release and hunt the north fields by Spanaway. 8, 12, 13, and 15.
This is my first year hunting the Pheasant Release program at JBLM. I can’t tell you how awesome this program is. The releasers are so generous with their advice, and sharing their experience and inviting us to go along with them and their dogs.

This is my first year hunting the Pheasant Release program at JBLM. I can’t tell you how awesome this program is. The releasers are so generous with their advice, and sharing their experience and inviting us to go along with them and their dogs.
Excellent. Ya, we are typically happy to work with a new hunter, military, youth, and women in the field. The only way to keep this sport going is to provide encouragemen, tips, and even hunt with those who have just gotten into the sport. We all have our favorite dogs, guns, and places to hunt and generally we want to see you succeed.

Excellent. Ya, we are typically happy to work with a new hunter, military, youth, and women in the field. The only way to keep this sport going is to provide encouragemen, tips, and even hunt with those who have just gotten into the sport. We all have our favorite dogs, guns, and places to hunt and generally we want to see you succeed.
Thank you again for your volunteering! If you see me out there please say hello. I’ll be the guy without a dog lol. Justin

I was stationed at Ft Lewis :) back in the mid/late 90's and wish I had bird hunted back then.
I’ve been part of the state pheasant program on Ft. Lewis- JBLM for over 40 yeas now. Keeps me busy from September through November. great opportunities for those who take Advantage of it.

Back